The Yoga of Sound and Voice Immersion
January 30, 2018 - February 5, 2018
The Yoga of Sound and the Voice Immersion
John Beaulieu and Silvia Nakkach
January 30 — February 5, 2018
Come and discover methods to integrate sound waves, chanting, and yoga for optimal healing and personal growth. This training is a precious opportunity to experience the transformative power of sound and music, guided by two renowned scholars and clinicians in the field. Together, they cover all aspects of healing with sound, including the scientific, the yogic, the creative, and the shamanic. This week-long immersion will energize and relax you, offering bliss and healing.
- Sound, yoga, and science: methods to integrate sound, chanting, yoga, and healing
- Sound, yoga, and the five elements: movement and voice patterns to creatively choose music and adapt to stress
- Human tuning: refine the voice, manage pain, and increase joint mobility
- Devotion through sound: Shabda, Nada Yoga, Bhava Yoga, Kirtan, and sound mudras
- Voice flexibility: practices for voice impediment, including forms of humming, seed syllables, and mantra healing
- Chakras and the singing spine: open, cleanse, and revitalize the energy centers and the subtle body
- Mystic scales and melody: introduction to Dhrupad and Raga singing, plus moods, modes, and pentatonic scales
- Sacred sound ceremonies: uninterrupted sessions of vocal meditation, kirtan, mantra, and shamanic journey
Musical training is not required to take this course. All levels are welcome.
The teachings of this course can be integrated into all healing practices including medicine, nursing, chiropractic, osteopathy, psychotherapy, bodywork, yoga classes, and all energy therapies. Special emphasis will be given to recent molecular research on sound and its systems applications in modern stress theory and all forms of healing. You will be able to incorporate the gift of opening the voice in your personal life and deepen the nature of your practice with a renewed spiritual emphasis. Everyone, regardless of musical training, will learn to implement music, voice, and sound to heal.
(*) The Yoga of the Voice course is a comprehensive cross-cultural training that offers an in-depth study of the various dimensions of the healing voice: the contemplative, the expressive, the shamanic, scientific, and the ecstatic. Students embody the quality of chanting and a voice freedom that transforms energy patterns, affects consciousness, and enhances the quality of your existing professional path and personal sadhana (spiritual practice). Learn more at www.voxmundiproject.com